We’re happy to announce the release of FileSender 1.6. There are no code changes since 1.6-rc1. All the documentation has been updated where needed.
Highlights for this release:
- New: high speed upload module “terasender” tested with uploads up to 1 TB
- New: auto-complete feature in the recipient (To:) field
- New: configure switch to include (or not include) the recipient of a file on the download confirmation email the sender receives upon download of a file. This reduces the amount of emails a recipient receives.
- New: refactored MyFiles. Less clutter and includes a counter of the number of downloads + downloaded date in the web UI.
- New: support for optional Subject and Message in guest use voucher
- New: support for multiple From: addresses from authentication source
- New: support for configurable footer via language files
- New language: Finnish
- Other new features and several bug fixes
The upgrade notes from 1.5 to 1.6 contain the exact overview of the fixes and features. Please read these upgrade notes when installing 1.6. Pay particular attention to:
- the new terasender feature is by default disabled. Switch it on to benefit from high-speed uploads. Several months of field-testing have not yielded any problems.
- Change your logout URL as per the upgrade notes. Your logout will be broken if you don’t.
- You can now send less email to file recipients. Be sure to set ‘download_confirmation_to_downloader‘ to false if that’s what you want.
As usual you can get the software in two ways:
- Manual download via the FileSender download page
- For those of you using the Debian or RPM package repositories: the 1.6 packages are available in the testing repository.
We would like to thank you all for your patience and of course your input and contributions. A list of people and organisations that made this release candidate possible can be found at the acknowledgements page for version 1.6
Keep those patches, comments and translations and all other useful input coming! We welcome feedback, preferably to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailinglist.
With version 1.6 now released we will focus on the version 2.0 with multi-file support.